Thursday 27 March 2008

Sunshine, submissions & lack of pain..

Wow..what a beautiful warm, sunny day! Yesterday was like winter, and I wonder what season tomorrow will choose..

I finished my final draft illustrations yesterday for a little picture book I've written and emailed them off to the publisher that showed some interest..and the wait begins again. This time feels different though. I think it may be because my 4yr old girl wanted me to make it into a book for her, so I produced a mock-up, and it looked so sweet and so real..she slept with it last night, took it to school today and has to take it back for show and tell. It has a great message and I so hope it gets taken on..
I've got my novel out to a couple of agents, and 3 picture book stories in the slush pile of Little Tiger Press..they've been there a month now..only two more to go..
I've entered half a dozen competitions, completed a short draft of the mirror novel to my children's book, and outlined another project about the 1920's..and I've risen to Beanie's challenge on WW..

Talking of Beanie, or Jilly Henderson-Long, see FiftyNotOut..10 copies of her book 'YucketyPoo - the Monster that Grew and Grew' arrived at my shop today, and 3 are spoken for already ( including the one I brought home ) ..it's brilliant..every child should have one..

I've just bought Anne Brooke's 'Thorn in the Flesh' from here and, after reading the extracts, can't wait for it to arrive..

My lovely, clever, practical half has made great progress with our son's hand-made garage..it's huge!

My almost 15yr old daughter got an A* for a medieval short story she wrote for her english coursework..she's been writing forever too, and she's bloody good!

Oh, and I had my eyebrows waxed for the first time..I thought it'd really hurt, and was oddly disappointed when it didn't!

All in all, a good day! x

5 comments:

Anne Brooke said...

Gosh, you've been busy - huge well done! And I also hope you like Thorn - once I get a note of your address, I'll pop a signed copy in the post for you.

And eyebrow waxing always makes me cry!!! - how can you be so brave?!?

A
xxx

Anne Brooke said...

Ooh, ignore me - I've just seen Jennifer has sent me the address - groan!!! Will do now!

==:O

I am such a klutz ...

A
xxx

Marla D said...

Thanks Anne..not sure about brave..numb perhaps! Can't wait to get your book :) x

Nik Perring said...

Congrats to the teen!

Keep cool blogging!

Nik

Marla D said...

Thanks Nik! I might post her story on WW..if she gets some goos crit, it'll help her confidence..evidently an A* isn't enough :) x